it was a good day for the bee too
Having been married eight times himself, Walder Frey is one of the most accomplished wedding planners in all of Westeros. Frey weddings are renowned for their well-coordinated color themes – as well as for pranks playfully mocking the traditions of visiting Houses. When asked about the upcoming nuptials, Lord Frey was careful not to reveal too much about what he has planned for Edmure and Roslin’s reception. However, members of his household hinted that they have been sending ravens to an unnamed friend of the groom’s family to ensure that everything goes off without a hitch.
Most important, the bride’s father tells us, they have hired ‘an absolutely killer band.’"
“Autumn Weddings, Dreams of Spring,” by Tobias Mallister. Society Pages, Riverlands Herald-Tribune 299AL (via trenchesfullofpoets)
You're worth the whole damn bunch put together.: not-the-very-button: If you think about it, Nick Carraway is kind of...
If you think about it, Nick Carraway is kind of just a fangirl.
And The Great Gatsby is the equivalent of a passionate hash tag rant:
#Listen #my dad told me not to judge people when I was growing up #because you never know what someone else has been through #or has had to overcome #BUT CAN WE FUCKING TALK ABOUT GATSBY FOR A SECOND #AND HOW JUST LIKE FLAWLESSLY GREAT HE WAS #AND HOW DAISY AND TOM AND JORDAN ARE JUST LIKE THE WORST KIND OF PEOPLE EVER #AND THEY DON’T EVEN DESERVE TO EXIST #BECAUSE THEY’RE SUCH ASSHOLES #LIKE #FUCK NEW YORK #AND ALL OF THE CARELESS PEOPLE WHO JUST DIDN’T FUCKING KNOW GATSBY LIKE I DID#FUCK
say what you want about her music, but nicki minaj is a strong figure in the terms of feminism and turning the sexualization of the music around. she’s caused a heck of a lot of titter for rapping and singing about things that if she were a male would be perfectly normal and acceptable. please think about this before you openly decide to slash her or her music
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD READ THE ABHORSEN CHRONICLES:
- BADASS FEMALE PROTAGONISTS: from Sabriel the prefect of an all-girls school to Lirael a shy librarian both of whom turn into duty-bound zombie killing soldier priests who rescue princes and battle necromancers and fight against what is effectively a trapped god, you can keep your Hermione’s and Katniss Everdeen’s thanx (and can we just talk about how the girls in the school TOTALLY JUMP INTO HELP THE SOLDIERS AGAINST KERRIGOR DESPITE KNOWING THEY’RE PROBABLY GOING TO DIE??)
- INCREDIBLE WORLD BUILDING: set in two neighbouring kingdoms - one resembling 1930’s britain the other a medieval fantasy realm that’s fallen into anarchy plagued by Death NOT TO MENTION the world-weary soldiers manning the wall who are sick of your necromantic bullshit
- TALKING ANIMAL COMPANIONS: not as cheesy as you think, since one is a sarcastic cat spirit who is scary as fuck when his true form is revealed and the other a wizened grandmotherly-like dog who rips out undead throats
- COOL MAGIC: though it’s complicated it isn’t once confusing and you can’t beat dual sword-and-bell wielding, bells that can land you into death modeled after the Egyptian afterlife
- GREAT CHARACTERS AND DEVELOPMENT: all the characters are forced to carry a duty and some succeed whilst others don’t but that’s okay because being born into a society doesn’t necessarily mean you belong there
- GOOD ROMANCE: it’s subtle and forged out of friendship and trust and doesn’t define any of the characters or control any of the events in the story
- NEW BOOKS COMING SOON: including Clariel which is a prequel based on Chlorr of the Mask WHO WAS AN ABHORSEN WHO TURNED EVIL!! like how awesome does that sound give me all the downward spirals for female necromancers AND there’s apparently going to be a sequel to the series too!!
- POSSIBLE FILM IN THE MAKING: which means if you wanna get on that fandom first get on it now
- IT’S JUST REALLY GREAT?? despite it being marketed as a YA book it’s still riveting and mature enough for older audiences (I think I might appreciate it more now that I’m older tbh) just UNF
yo, if you’re a fan of things like The Hunger Games or whatever and you’ve never read The Abhorsen Chronicles you’d better change that, like, right now. This instant.
For all of these reasons.
Also necromancy happy sigh.
sERIOUSLY this series was one of my favourites in high school and it still holds up, please read it for all these reasons and more!
I think that possibly, maybe, I’m falling for you.
let’s start a site-wide game where every time you start to post something negative you post something positive instead!!!
so like if you open a text post and type “i hate [insert name of character/actor/show/ship/band/whATEVER of your choice here] so much wow”
your next step is to delete that text and instead type “i love [insert baby animal of your choice here] so much wow”
and then you win the game!!!
bell bought them as gag gifts, only it backfired because they wear them weekly